Business process automation with RPA: speed up manual tasks in SAP systems!
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a new technology for automating business processes by creating "software robots".
The robots perform routine and repetitive tasks so that the employees can focus on the important and interesting tasks. Modern RPA systems can be integrated with machine learning and artificial intelligence. It expands their range of capabilities, increases business performance, improves communication between RPAs and users through chat bots and decision-making systems.
Why should SAP® customers use RPA?
RPA is applicable to almost any situation that requires user interaction with an IT system:
Advantages of RPA are clear: with it's client-side approach, it is significantly less implementation effort compared to server-side automation. With an RPA-automated process, you get
- 24/7 operation
- Faster processing time
- Reduced costs for the processing routine tasks, because it is automated
- Fast ROI, due to little implementation effort
- Quickly adoptable algorithms, to scale with your needs
RPA Use Case: Checking materials in the storage area
With RPA, ASAPIO automated a manual process, at one of our pharmaceutical customers.
- Check of availability of material in the storage area, in the SAP® system
- put findings into a spreadsheet
- Mail spreadsheet to requestor
UiPath was used to automate actions in SAP® GUI, Microsoft® Outlook and Microsoft® Excel®.